Do you dream about PHP code? Create MySQL database structures on napkins for fun? Have a passion for helping churches?
If so, we'd love to talk!
We're currently accepting applications for a full stack developer that has experience working with CodeIgniter (PHP, MySQL), jQuery, Vue, React and Python to join our team. The position would focus on both the front-end interface (jQuery, Vue) and backend (PHP, MySQL, Python) of Breeze.
Who is Breeze?
We are a cloud-based software company making Church Software Simple. We strive, with everything we do, to be the world’s easiest web-based church management software for small and mid-sized churches. Breeze is used by more than five thousand churches to organize people, track giving, manage events and more.
Our owner and founder resides in Grand Rapids, MI (hometown of President Gerald R. Ford) with a team of 32 servant-minded, ministry-loving, Breeze enthusiasts working alongside him from over 19 different states throughout the U.S. Breeze Story
Breeze’s Core Values
These are the core values that we try to embody every day, as we interact with our customers and with each other. These are also the core values that we look for when hiring new people!
- Hustle | Your drive and tenacity to get things done is unstoppable. You struggle sleeping when projects are half-finished. You can’t focus on anything else when you haven’t completed a task. You’ll do whatever it takes to cross the finish line.
- Resourceful | When you don’t know an answer, you know how to find it. When there’s not a solution, you make a solution. You have the creativity it takes to find a way to get the job done.
- Social Savant | You’re great with people. You can empathize and connect with them on a relational level. Your emotional intelligence is spot on, allowing you to know exactly when to open your mouth and when to close it and simply open your ears.
- Servant- Minded | Your focus is on making others successful. You're not worried about who gets the credit. You're humble and able to admit and take responsibility when you drop the ball, learning from the experience to improve next time.
Breeze’s Guiding Principles
These are the principles that guide every business decision, structure change, and policy implementation…
- Global Domination with the goal of serving every small to mid-sized church on the planet
- Be a place that people love to work
- Longevity as the stable and guiding approach to strategy and long-term decision making
Ideal Team Member
- First and foremost, we want to work with good people. Embodying our core values is a must.
- Crave feedback and be willing to give and accept feedback in a servant-minded way.
- Willing to put team needs above your own - lacks ego.
- 5+ Years PHP Experience
- 5+ Years MySQL Experience
- jQuery Experience
- HTML/CSS Experience
- MVC Framework Experience
- Git Experience
- Server Management Experience
- Microservices Architecture (Docker)
- Unit Testing Experience
- Have an iOS or Android phone
- Passionate about helping churches be successful
- Phenomenal written and verbal communication skills
- Previous remote work experience
- A high value for fun, finding meaning in your work, the ability to laugh at yourself, and being a team player.
- Breeze is a fully distributed team and so all work would be done remotely.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation would be commensurate with experience.
- Medical and Dental
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Holidays (New Years Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Eve (1/2 day), Christmas Day)
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Up to 6 weeks paid Maternity or 2 weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Compassion Leave for the death of family member or close friend
- Employer Contribution to Retirement Plan (upon eligibility)
- $50,000 Life Insurance for you, $10,000 for spouse, and $5,000 for each child (paid by Breeze)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage (paid by Breeze)
- Short and Long Term Disability (paid by Breeze)
- All Expense Paid Company Retreats (2018 was at Floridian Mansion and Disney, 2017 was on a Cruise Ship to the Bahamas)
- Multiple paid virtual social event breaks throughout the week
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for complimentary professional mental health counseling, nutrition, and legal advice
- Paid Breaks and Lunches (depending on shift length)